The Alfa Laval LabStak® M37/38 is a flexible plate-and-frame test unit for ultrafiltration and microfiltration membrane processes. The unit utilizes support plates and flat sheet membranes of the same size as our full-scale membrane filtration modules. This makes the Alfa Laval LabStak® M37/38 a popular choice for process development, up-scaling, membrane testing, quality assurance and small-scale production. Optional plate sets are available for feeds of different viscosity / solids content
Handy and flexible
The Alfa Laval LabStak® M37/38 is designed to provide quick and precise evaluations in laboratories and other test facilities, while keeping equipment and set-up cost to a minimum.
This flexible unit, which is designed for plate-and-frame operation, can be fitted with the full range of flat sheet membranes available from Alfa Laval for ultrafiltration and microfiltration.
For the LabStak® M37/38 Alfa Laval offers alternative plate set configurations which can be selected according to use.
- M37 plate set
For highly viscous liquids
- M38H plate set
High channel, for medium viscous liquids
- M38L plate set
Low channel, for low viscous liquids
Alfa Laval LabUnit M37/38
The Alfa Laval LabUnit M37/38 is a fully integrated system comprising an Alfa Laval LabStak® M37/38 unit complete with necessary pump, valve, heat exchanger and instrumentation.
- flexible membrane areas from 0.11 m² to 1.05 m²
- simultaneous testing of up to seven different membrane types
- quick and easy exchange of membranes
- high operating temperature (up to 80°C)
- can be coupled to the by-pass stream of an industrial plant
- different channel height options to optimize flow and pressure
- low internal volume
- flexible system design
- flow pattern similar to that of larger modules
- all components in compliance with FDA regulations, allowing use within food and pharmaceutical processing applications